Ioannis Margaris received the Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in 2006. In July 2011 he completed his Ph.D. thesis on modeling and control analysis of modern wind power farms focusing in large integration of wind power in non-interconnected power systems. He has worked in PPC on production planning and smart grid infrastructures for island systems. In April 2011 he joined the Wind Energy Department of DTU (Denmark), where he worked on his Post-Doc giving lectures in the Sustainable Energy MSc. He worked for one year on various Danish and European projects focusing on power system operation and stability. Since summer 2013 he is with the SmartRUE group of NTUA, Greece. He is an IEEE student member and member of the technical chamber of Greece.
- C. N. Papadimitriou, V. Kleftakis and N.Hatziargyriou, “A novel islanding detection method for microgrids based on variable impedance insertion”, Electric Power Systems Research, Volume 121, April 2015,pp. 58-66.
- C. N. Papadimitriou, E.I. Zountouridou, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “Review of hierarchical control in DC microgrids”, Electric Power Systems Research, Volume 122, May 2015, pp. 159-167.
- C. N. Papadimitriou and N. A. Vovos, “Integration of a Hybrid Fuel Cell-Battery System to a Distribution Grid”, Elsevier - Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 81, Issue 7, pp. 1299-1307, 2011. doi:10.1016/j.epsr.2011.01.017.
- C. N. Papadimitriou and N. A. Vovos, “Transient Response Improvement of Microgrids Exploiting the Inertia of a Doubly-Fed Induction Generator (DFIG)”, in International Journal Energies, Wind Energy Special Issue 2010, Vol. 3, Issue 6, pp. 1049-1066, 2010,(www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/3/6/1049/).
- C. N. Papadimitriou ,V. A. Kleftakis, A. Rigas and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “ A DC-Microgrid Control Strategy Using DC- Bus Signaling, 10th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion, Athens 2015, p.p. 1-7.
- V. Kleftakis, A. Rigas, C.N. Papadimitriou, N. Katsoulakos, P. Moutis, N. Hatziargyriou, “Contribution to frequency control by a PMSG Wind Turbine in a Diesel-Wind Turbine microgrid for rural electrification, 10th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion, Athens 2015, p.p. 1-5.
- D. I. Papaioannou, C. N. Papadimitriou, A. L. Dimeas, E. I. Zountouridou, G. C. Kiokes and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “ Optimization & Sensitivity Analysis of Microgrids using HOMER software- A Case Study”, 10th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion, Athens 2015, p.p.1-7.
- E. I. Zountouridou, G. C. Kiokes, C. N. Papadimitriou, A. L. Dimeas, and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “ Floating Wind Parks Technology, ” 10th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion, Athens 2015 , p.p. 1-5.
- C. N. Papadimitriou and N. A. Vovos, “A fuzzy control scheme for integration of DGs into a microgrid”, in MELECON 2010 - 2010 15th IEEE Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference, 2010, p.p. 872 – 877.
- Παπαδημητρίου N. Χριστίνα και Νικόλαος Α. Βοβός «Έλεγχος κατανεμημένων πηγών ηλεκτρικής ενέργειας για ενσωμάτωση τους σε μικροδίκτυα», στην ελληνική επιτροπή διεθνούς οργάνωσης μεγάλων ηλεκτρικών δικτύων υψηλής τάσης (CIGRE), Σύνοδος Αθήνα,2009.
- C. N. Papadimitriou and N. A. Vovos, “A Fuzzy-Logic Control Strategy for a Hybrid Fuel Cell-Battery System Offering Ancillary Services”, in EPE Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, Barcelona 2009 p.p.1-10.
- C. N. Papadimitriou and N. A. Vovos, “A Control Strategy for Integration of a PEMFCS to a Distribution Grid”, in Power Tech IEEE Conference, Bucharest 2009.p.p.1-6.
- George Kiokes, Erietta Zountouridou, C. N. Papadimitriou, Aris Dimeas, N. Hatziargyriou, “Development of an Integrated Wireless Communication System for Connecting Electric Vehicles to the Power Grid”, IEEE IES EDST15, Vienna,p.p.1-6.
- C. N. Papadimitriou and N. A. Vovos, “Fuzzy Control of WT with DFIG for Integration into Micro-grids”, Intech Open Access Publisher, Chapter in the Book entitled “Fundamental and Advanced Topics in Wind Power”, ISBN 978-953-308-91-2, 2011.
- N. Hatziargyriou, V.Kleftakis, C.N. Papadimitriou and George Messinis, “Microgrids in distribution, chapter in the Smart Grid Handbook, Wiley(under publication).
- N.Hatziargyriou, E.Zountouridou, A. Vassilakis, P.Moutis, C.N. Papadimitriou, A. Anastasiadis, “Overview of Distributed Energy Resources”, chapter in the Smart Grid Handbook, Wiley(under publication).
The research interests of Dr. Sideratos focuses on two areas. The first area is related to optimal management of distributed production and renewable energies and the second area includes machine learning and artificial intelligence. Regarging the first area, Mr Sideratos has helped to create energy management tools under uncertainty. In particular, he developed models of short-term load demand forecasting for the Greek interconnected system, but also for autonomous power systems. he has developed forecasting models for solar and wind production as well as forecasting models for the HV or MV substation load with large RES penetration and for the secure operation of a power system. Tools also developed that improved the RES forecasting in extreme events when large changes in power penetration occurred. In addition, he has contributed to the development of tools for stochastic unit commitment and the probabilistic power flow in power systems with high RES penetration.
- G. Sideratos, A. Ikonomopoulos, and N. Hatziargyriou, 'A committee of machine learning techniques for load forecasting in a smart grid environment', International Journal of Energy and Power, vol. 4, pp 98-105, 2015
- G. Sideratos, N. Hatziargyriou, ‘Probabilistic wind power forecasting using radial basis neural networks’, , IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, Vol 27 , Issue 4, pp 1788 - 1796, Nov. 2012
- G. Sideratos, N. Hatziargyriou, 'Wind power forecasting focused on extreme power system events', IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 3, Issue. 3 pp. 445 – 454, 2012
- A. Togelou, G. N. Sideratos and Hatziargyriou, ‘Wind Power forecasting in the absence of historical data’, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp 416 - 421, 2012
- G. N. Sideratos and Hatziargyriou, ‘An Advanced Radial Base Structure for Wind Power Forecasting’, International journal on Power and Energy Systems, ACTA Press, Vol. 12, 2008
- G. Sideratos, N. Hatziargyriou, ‘An Advanced Statistical Method for Wind Power Forecasting’, IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, Vol. 22, Issue 1, pp. 258-265, 2007.
- T. Boutsika, G. Sideratos, A. Ikonomopoulos, 'An Expert Committee Evaluation for Load Forecasting in a Smart Grid Environment', ENEFM2015, pp 135-141, 2015
- G. Sideratos N. Hatziargyriou, ‘Load Forecasting in an isolated system’, ISAP’11 conference, 2011, Crete
- G. Sideratos, N.Hatziargyriou, ‘Using Radial Basis Neural Networks to Estimate Wind Power Production’, PES conference, 2008
- G. Sideratos, N. Hatziargyriou, ‘Application of Radial Basis Function Networks for Wind Power Forecasting’, ICANN, Athens, 2006
- G. Sideratos, N. Hatziargyriou, P. Georgilakis, 'State-of-the-art in wind power forecasting', Proc. Workshop on Operation and Control of RES, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro, 2005
- X. Wang, G. Sideratos, N. Hatziargyriou, L. Tsoukalas, ‘Wind Power Forecasting for Operational Planning’, PMAPS 2004
- Zbigniew Gontar, G. Sideratos, N. Hatziargyriou, ‘Short Term Load Forecasting with Radial Basis Function Network’, SETN Conference, pp. 432-438, Samos, Greece, 2004