Dr. Styliani Sarri received the Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) in 2011 and the Ph.D. degree from the School of Engineering (STI), Electrical Engineering, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in 2016. During her PhD, she worked in several projects, such as C-DAX FP7 European project and NanoTera S3 Grid and she was a tutor in 8 bachelor and master theses. She was also a Teaching Assistant in the courses “Smart Grids Technologies” and “Eurotech Winter School: Integrated Approaches to Energy Systems”. She is currently a researcher at ICCS and she is also employed by the Greek Regulatory Authority for Energy at the Market Monitoring and Competition Department, where she works on the implementation of the target model, capacity remuneration mechanisms, integration of RES in the energy market etc. She is a member of the Technical Chamber of Greece since 2011. Her main research interests include real-time electrical network monitoring, operation and control with particular focus on state estimation of active distribution networks. She also works on the development of real-time models, load forecasting techniques and implementation of mathematical analysis methods on power system applications.
- S. Sarri, L. Zanni, M. Popovic, J-Y. Le Boudec, and M. Paolone, “Performance Assessment of Linear State Estimators Using Synchrophasor Measurements”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 65, no. 3, pp: 535-548, 7 January, 2016.
- W. K. Chai, N. Wang, K. V. Katsaros, G. Kamel, S. Melis, M. Hoefling, B. Vieira, P. Romano, S. Sarri, T. Tesfay, B. Yang, F. Heimgaertner, M. Pignati, M. Paolone, M. Menth, G. Pavlou, E. Poll, M. Mampaey, H. Bontius, and C. Develder, “An Information-Centric Communication Infrastructure for Real-Time State Estimation of Active Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 6, no. 4, pp: 2134-2146, 20 February, 2015.
- S. Sarri, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “Interdependencies between Smart Grids and Electricity Markets: European Status Quo”, Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Energy Conversion (MEDPOWER) 2018, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 12-15 November, 2018.
- S. Sarri, “Formulation of the Measurement Noise Covariance Matrix in Linear State Estimation”, IEEE International Energy Conference (ENERGYCON) 2018, Limassol, Cyprus, 3-7 June, 2018.
- K. Christakou, M. Pignati, R. Rudnik, S. Sarri, J.-Y. Le Boudec and M. Paolone, “Hardware-in-the-loop validation of the grid explicit congestion notification mechanism for primary voltage control in Active Distribution Networks”, 19th Power Systems Computation Conference (PSCC), Genoa, Italy, June, 2016.
- S. Sarri, M. Pignati, P. Romano, L. Zanni, and M. Paolone, “A Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Platform for the Performance Assessment of a PMU-based Real-Time State Estimator for Active Distribution Networks”, 2015 IEEE PowerTech Conference, Eindhoven, Netherlands, 29 June - 2 July, 2015.
- M. Pignati, M. Popovic, S. Barreto, R. Cherkaoui, G. D. Flores, J-Y Le Boudec, M. Mohiuddin, M. Paolone, P. Romano, S. Sarri, T. Tesfay, D.-C. Tomozei, and L. Zanni, “Real-Time State Estimation of the EPFL-Campus Medium-Voltage Grid by Using PMUs”, 6th IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) USA, Washington DC, USA, 17-20 February, 2015.
- S. Sarri, and M. Paolone, “Methods and Performance Assessment of PMU-based Real-Time State Estimation of Active Distribution Networks”, 2014 Annual Conference of the Swiss Competence Center for Energy Research - Future Swiss Electrical Infrastructure (SCCER-FURIES), Lausanne, Switzerland, 15 December, 2014.
- M. Pignati, L. Zanni, S. Sarri, R. Cherkaoui, J-Y. Le Boudec and M. Paolone, “A pre-estimation filtering process of bad data for linear power systems state estimators using PMUs”, Power Systems Computation Conference (PSCC), Wroclaw, Poland, 18-22 August, 2014.
- L. Zanni, S. Sarri, M. Pignati, R. Cherkaoui, and M. Paolone, “Probabilistic Assessment of the Process-Noise Covariance Matrix of Discrete Kalman Filter State Estimation of Active Distribution Networks”, 2014 International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems (PMAPS), Durham, U.K., 7-10 July, 2014.
- M. Paolone, M. Pignati, P. Romano, S. Sarri, L. Zanni, and R. Cherkaoui, “A Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Platform for the Real-Time State Estimation of Active Distribution Networks using Phasor Measurement Units”, 2013 Cigré SC6 Colloquium, Yokohama, Japan, 6-9 October, 2013.
- S. Sarri, M. Paolone, R. Cherkaoui, A. Borghetti, F. Napolitano, and C. A. Nucci, “State Estimation of Active Distribution Networks: Comparison Between WLS and Iterated Kalman-Filter Algorithm Integrating PMUs”, 2012 3rd IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) Europe, Berlin, Germany, 14-17 October 2012.
- Σ. Σαρρή, Ε. Τσιρανίδου, “Microturbine Characteristics and Their Application in Combined Heat and Power (CHP)”, 2o Πανελλήνιο Συνέδριο Φοιτητών Ηλεκτρολόγων Μηχανικών και Μηχανικών Υπολογιστών (ΣΦΗΜΜΥ), Αθήνα, 18-19 Απριλίου, 2008.
- “Advances in Power System Modelling, Control and Stability Analysis”, Κεφάλαιο 8 “Static and recursive PMU-based State Estimation Processes for transmission and distribution grids”, Εκδοτικός οίκος: Institute of Engineering and Technology - IET, ISBN: 978-1-78561-001-1.