George Messinis received his Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in 2011. Since then he works as a researcher and PhD candidate at the Electric Power Division of NTUA in the area of Smart Grids. He has participated in several national projects as well as in the DERri, SmartKye, BEAMS, IGreenGrid and SmarterEMC2 European projects. His research interests include smart grids, smart meters, machine learning, data mining, microgrids and distribution grid operation. He is a member of the technical chamber of Greece (TEE).
- Microgrids in Distribution, Nikos D. Hatziargyriou, Vasilis A. Kleftakis, Christina N. Papadimitriou, and George M. Messinis, Smart Grid Handbook. Edited by Chen-Ching Liu, Stephen McArthur and Seung-Jae Lee, 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ISBN 978-1-118-75548-8.
- Messinis, George, et al. “Application of rapid prototyping tools for a hierarchical microgrid control implementation.” Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG), 2014 IEEE 5th International Symposium on. IEEE, 2014.
- Messinis, G., et al. “A Multi-Microgrid Laboratory Infrastructure for Smart Grid Applications.” 9th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion (MedPower), Athens. 2014.
- R.G. Gogou, A. L. Dimeas, N. D. Hatziargyriou, G. Messinis, G. C. Kiokes “Energy Management in Facilities: BEAMS”, 9th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion (MedPower), Athens. 2014.
- Kotsampopoulos, P., Messinis, G., Vassilakis, A., Kleftakis, V., Rigas, A., & Hatziargyriou, N., “Laboratory education on distributed energy resources making use of an advanced infrastructure”, 9th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion (MedPower), Athens. 2014.
- F. Dova, A. L. Dimeas, N. D. Hatziargyriou, G. Messinis, G. C. Kiokes, “Smart Solutions For Smart Neighborhoods” in 9th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission Distribution and Energy Conversion (MedPower), Athens. 2014.
- Kleftakis, V., G. Messinis, A. Vassilakis, P. Kotsampopoulos, A. Rigas, I. Kouveliotis-Lysikatos, V. Papaspiliotopoulos, G. Korres, and N. Hatziargyriou. “The NTUA Microgrid Laboratory.”
- G. Messinis, K. Latoufis, N. Hatziargyriou, “Design Aspects of Coreless Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Generators for Low Cost Small Wind Turbine Applications”, in Scientific Proceedings of the EWEA Annual Conference and Exhibition, Barcelona, March, 2014.
- G. Messinis, K. C. Latoufis, N. Hatziargyriou, “Design, Construction and Cost Minimization of a Coreless Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Generator for Small Wind Turbine Applications”, in 7th international conference on PV Hybrids and Mini Grids, Stadthalle Bad Hersfeld, Germany.
- P. Kotsampopoulos, A. Kapetanaki, G. Messinis, V. Kleftakis, N. Hatziargyriou, “A Power-Hardware-In-The-Loop facility for Microgrids”, International Journal of Distributed Energy Resources and Smart Grids, Vol. 9 No. 1, January 2013.
- K.C. Latoufis, G.M. Messinis, P.C. Kotsampopoulos, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “Axial flux permanent magnet generator design for low cost manufacturing of small wind turbines”, Wind Engineering, Vol. 36, Num. 4, pp. 411-432, August 2012.
- P. Kotsampopoulos, V. Kleftakis, G. Messinis, N. Hatziargyriou, “Design, development and operation of a PHIL environment for Distributed Energy Resources”, in IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON’ 2012) Conference, ÉTS Montréal, Québec, Canada, October 25-28, 2012.
- K. Latoufis, A. Gravas, G. Messinis, N. Korres and N. Hatziargyriou, “Performance of locally manufactured small wind turbines for rural electrification applications”, 7th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems – SDEWES, Ohrid July 1-6 2012.
- G. Messinis, K. Latoufis, “Optimization, simulation and construction of a small wind turbine generator for low cost applications and study of the AC and DC connection”, 5th Pan-Hellenic conference of electrical and computer engineering students, Xanthi, 6-7 April, 2012.
- K. Latoufis, A. Gravas, G. Messinis, N. Hatziargyriou, “Locally manufactured open source hardware small wind turbines for rural electrification”, 3rd World Summit for Small Wind, 15-16 March 2012, Husum, Germany.
- P. Kotsampopoulos, G. Messinis, T. Gkravas, K. Latoufis, N. Hatziargyriou, “Design, construction, simulation and performance of axial flux small wind turbines”, Poster presentation in European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) 2011, Brussels, Belgium, March 2011