Georgina Asimakopoulou received the Diploma and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Athens, Greece, in 2007 and 2017, respectively. She was employed by the Public Power Corporation (2008–2009) as an Engineer and by the Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (2009– 2012) as a Research Associate to the Electricity Sector Observatory. Since 2007 she is a Researcher and since 2017 a Senior Researcher in the Electric Power Division, NTUA. She has participated in 11 RD&D projects funded by EU (Horizon 2020, FP7, FP6) and in national research projects funded by HEDNO. Her research interests include application of analytical methods for optimal decision-making in the energy sector. Dr. Asimakopoulou is a member of the Technical Chamber of Greece. <
- G.E. Asimakopoulou, .D. Hatziargyriou, “Evaluation of Economic Benefits of DER Aggregation”, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 499-510, Apr. 2018, doi: 10.1109/TSTE.2017.2743349.
- G.E. Asimakopoulou, A.G. Vlachos, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “Hierarchical Decision Making for Aggregated Energy Management of Distributed Resources”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 3255-3264, Nov. 2015, doi: 10.1109/TPWRS.2015.2390412.
- G.E. Asimakopoulou, A.L. Dimeas, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “Leader-Follower Strategies for Energy Management of Multi-Microgrids”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1909-1916, Dec. 2013, doi: 10.1109/TSG.2013.2256941.
- E. Voumvoulakis, G. Asimakopoulou, S. Danchev, G. Maniatis, A. Tsakanikas, “Large Scale Integration of Intermittent Renewable Energy Sources in the Greek Power Sector”, Energy Policy, vol. 50, November 2012, pp. 161-173, ISSN 0301-4215, doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2012.05.056.
- G.E. Asimakopoulou, V.T. Kontargyri, G.J. Tsekouras, Ch. N. Elias, F.E. Asimakopoulou, I.A. Stathopulos, “A Fuzzy Logic Optimization Methodology for the Estimation of the Critical Flashover Voltage on Insulators”, Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 81, no. 2, February 2011, pp. 580-588, ISSN 0378-7796, doi: 10.1016/j.epsr.2010.10.024.
- G.E. Asimakopoulou, V.T. Kontargyri, G.J. Tsekouras, F.E. Asimakopoulou, I.F. Gonos, I.A. Stathopulos, “Artificial Neural Network Optimisation Methodology for the Estimation of the Critical Flashover Voltage on Insulators”, Science, Measurement & Technology, IET, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 90-104, January 2009, doi: 10.1049/iet-smt:20080009.
- N. D. Hatziargyriou, G. E. Asimakopoulou, “Models for the integration of Local Energy Communities in energy markets”, CIRED Workshop 2018, 7-8 June 2018, Ljubljana, Slovenia (poster).
- R. Gkogkou, G. Asimakopoulou, A. Dimeas, N.D. Hatziargyriou, M. Kourasi, P. Markopoulos, J.M. Estebaranz, “Gridsol performance on the island of Crete”, 11th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Energy Conversion (MedPower 2018), 12-15 November 2018, Dubrovnik (Cavtat), Croatia.
- G. Asimakopoulou, A. Vlachos, N. Hatziargyriou, “Bilevel Model for Retail Electricity Pricing”, Selected Papers of the International Conference of the German, Austrian and Swiss Operations Research Societies (GOR, ÖGOR, SVOR/ASRO), University of Vienna, Austria, September 1–4, 2015, Doerner, K., Ljubic, I., Pflug, G., Tragler, G. (Eds.), ISBN: 978-3-319-42901-4.
- S.E. Mariamou, G.E. Asimakopoulou, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “Bilevel Framework for Optimal Design of Incentives in Wind Investments”, Proceedings of the 9th Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution and Energy Conversion (MEDPOWER 2014), November 2-5, 2014, Athens, Greece, doi: 10.1049/cp.2014.1636.
- G.E. Asimakopoulou, E.M. Voumvoulakis, A.L. Dimeas, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “Impact of Large-scale Integration of Intelligent Meters to the Operation of the Power System of Crete”, 16th International Conference on Intelligent System Application to Power Systems (ISAP 2011), pp. 1–6, 25–28 Sept. 2011, doi: 10.1109/ISAP.2011.6082173.
- G.E. Asimakopoulou, Y. Papagrigorakis, A.L. Dimeas, P. Aristidou, N.D. Hatziargyriou, “A Review of Customer Management Tools: The Energy Industry”, A Review of Customer Management Tools: The Energy Industry. In: Hatziargyriou N., Dimeas A., Tomtsi T., Weidlich A. (eds) Energy-Efficient Computing and Networking. E-Energy 2010. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol. 54. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2011, doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-19322-4_8.
- Sun, Hongjian, Hatziargyriou, Nikos D., Poor, H. Vincent, Carpanini, Laurence, Sánchez Fornié, Miguel Angel (ed.), “Smarter Energy: From Smart Metering to the Smart Grid” (Energy Engineering, 2016), ISBN: 978-1-78561-104-9.