Dimitris N. Trakas received the Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Master of Sciences degree in Energy Production and Management from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Athens, Greece, in 2009 and 2011. In 2018, he received the PhD degree on power system resilience assessment and enhancement from the Electric Power Division of NTUA. He has worked in the Research, Innovation and Development Department of IPTO and he has participated to the studies on islands interconnection with the national interconnected transmission system and electricity generation adequacy. He is currently a senior researcher at the Smart Rue research group of NTUA. His research interests include TSO-DSO coordination, resilience assessment, and enhancement of power systems. He is member of IEEE and of the technical chamber of Greece.
- M. Dabbaghjamanesh et al., "A Novel Two-Stage Multi-Layer Constrained Spectral Clustering Strategy for Intentional Islanding of Power Grids," in IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 560-570, April 2020
- D. N. Trakas and N. D. Hatziargyriou, "Resilience Constrained Day-Ahead Unit Commitment Under Extreme Weather Events," in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 1242-1253, March 2020
- Trakas, D. N., Panteli, M. , Hatziargyriou, N. D. and Mancarella, P. (2019), Spatial Risk Analysis of Power Systems Resilience During Extreme Events. Risk Analysis, 39: 195-211.
- D. N. Trakas and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Optimal Distribution System Operation for Enhancing Resilience Against Wildfires,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 2260-2271, March 2018.
- M. Panteli, D. N. Trakas, P. Mancarella and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Power Systems Resilience Assessment: Hardening and Smart Operational Enhancement Strategies,” in Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 105, no. 7, pp. 1202-1213, July 2017.
- M. Panteli, P. Mancarella, D. N. Trakas, E. Kyriakides and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Metrics and Quantification of Operational and Infrastructure Resilience in Power Systems,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 4732-4742, Nov. 2017.
- M. Panteli, D. N. Trakas, P. Mancarella and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Boosting the Power Grid Resilience to Extreme Weather Events Using Defensive Islanding,” in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 2913-2922, Nov. 2016.
- E. C. Venizelos, D. N. Trakas and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Distribution system resilience enhancement under disastrous conditions by splitting into self-sufficient microgrids,” 2017 IEEE Manchester PowerTech, Manchester, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- D. N. Trakas, N. D. Hatziargyriou, M. Panteli and P. Mancarella, “A severity risk index for high impact low probability events in transmission systems due to extreme weather,” 2016 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT-Europe), Ljubljana, 2016, pp. 1-6.
- E. M. Voumvoulakis, D. N. Trakas, and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Power System Controlled Islanding Using Self-Organizing Maps and Particle Swarm Optimization,” Intelligent System Applications on Power Systems (ISAP), 2015, Porto
- O. Vlachokyriakou et al., “Probabilistic tools for DMS,” 2015 International Symposium on Smart Electric Distribution Systems and Technologies (EDST), Vienna, 2015, pp. 189-194.
- D. N. Trakas, E. M. Voumvoulakis and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Controlled islanding of power networks using machine learning algorithm,” MedPower 2014, Athens, 2014, pp. 1-6.
- D. Koukoula, D. N. Trakas et al., “Exploitation of AMR Data for DMS Functionalities,” Cigre, 2014, Paris.
- D. N. Trakas, E. M. Voumvoulakis and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Decentralized control of power system zones based on probabilistic constrained load flow,” Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems (PMAPS), 2014 International Conference on, Durham
- N. D. Hatziargyriou, D. N. Trakas, “Defensive Islanding: A smart Grid Measure to Improve Resilience”, 2017 IEEE Manchester PowerTech, Manchester, 2017
- D. Hatziargyriou, D. N. Trakas, M. Panteli and P. Mancarella, “Assessing and Boosting Power System Resiliency to Extreme Weather Events”, Super Session Panel on “Resiliency in the Power Grid”, 2016 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PESGM), Boston, MA, 2016