Opening of a PhD studentship RA position in Imperial College, on the area of electricity market modelling and design, based primarily on bi-level optimization, game theoretic and reinforcement learning methodologies.
- Operation of a Multiagent System for Microgrid Control. Dimeas, A.L. Hatziargyriou, N.D. This paper appears in: Power Systems, Transactions on IEEE Publication Date: Aug. 2005 Volume: 20, Issue: 3 On page(s): 1447- 1455
- Multi-Agent Systems for Power Engineering Applications—Part I: Concepts, Approaches, and Technical Challenges McArthur, S.D.J.; Davidson, E.M.; Catterson, V.M.; Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Ponci, F.; Funabashi, T.; Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Volume 22, Issue 4, Nov. 2007 Page(s):1743 – 1752
- Multi-Agent Systems for Power Engineering Applications—Part II: Technologies, Standards, and Tools for Building Multi-agent Systems McArthur, S.D.J.; Davidson, E.M.; Catterson, V.M.; Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Ponci, F.; Funabashi, T.; Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Volume 22, Issue 4, Nov. 2007 Page(s):1753 – 1759
- Microgrids management Katiraei, F.; Iravani, R.; Hatziargyriou, N.; Dimeas,A.; Power and Energy Magazine, IEEE Volume 6, Issue 3, May-June 2008 Page(s):54 – 65
- Centralized and Decentralized Control of Microgrids. Hatziargyriou, N.D. Dimeas, A.L. A. Tsikalakis, International Journal of Distributed Energy Resources pages 197-212, Volume 1 Number ,3 July -September 2005.
- Management of Microgrids in Market Environment A.G. Tsikalakis, A.Dimeas, N. D. Hatziargyriou, J.A. Pecas Lopes, G.Kariniotakis, J.Oyarzabal Journal of Distributed Energy Resources pages 197-212, Volume 2 Number ,3 July – September 2006 ISSN 1614-7138.
- Preliminary Evaluation of the MORE CARE Operation in Crete, Stefanakis. N. Hatziargyriou N. Dimeas A. end others. MedPower 2002 Athens Greece.
- Intelligent Techniques applied to the Economic and Secure Operation of Island Systems with Large Wind Power Penetration, N.Hatziargyriou ,A.Dimeas, A.Tsikalakis end others. ISAP 2003. Myrina Lemnos.
- A MultiAgent System for MicroGrid Operation, Dimeas A.,Hatziargyriou N., IEEE PES General Meeting 2004 Denver Colorado.
- Economic and Environmental Evaluation of High Wind Power Penetration In the Greek Interconnected Energy Production System, I. Skotinos, A. Dimeas, A.G. Tsikalakis, N.D. Hatziargyriou. Cigre Athens June 2005
- Security and Economic Impacts of High Wind Power Penetration in Island Systems, N. Hatziargyriou, A. Tsikalakis, A. Dimeas, D. Georgiadis, J. Stefanakis, A.Gigantidou, E. Thalassinakis, 40th CIGRE Session 2004, 2004-08
- Microgrid laboratory facilities, Barnes, M.; Dimeas, A.; Engler, A.; Fitzer, C.; Hatziargyriou, N.; Jones, C.; Papathanassiou, S.; Vandenbergh, M.; Future Power Systems, 2005 International Conference on 18-18 Nov. 2005
- Management of Microgrids in market environment. Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Dimeas, A.; Tsikalakis, A.G.; Lopes, J.A.P.; Kariniotakis, G.; Oyarzabal, J.; Future Power Systems, 2005 International Conference on 18-18 Nov. 2005
- Agent based Control for Microgrids Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Power Engineering Society General Meeting, 2007. IEEE 24-28 June 2007
- Development of an agent based intelligent control system for Microgrids Chatzivasiliadis, S.J.; Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Dimeas, A.L.; Power and Energy Society General Meeting – Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, 2008 IEEE 20-24 July 2008
- Agent based control of Virtual Power Plants. Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Intelligent Systems Applications to Power Systems, 2007. ISAP 2007. International Conference on 5-8 Nov. 2007
- Design of a MAS for an Island System. Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Intelligent Systems Applications to Power Systems, 2007. ISAP 2007. International Conference on 5-8 Nov. 2007
- Control agents for enabling customer-driven Microgrids Dimeas, A.L.; Hatzivasiliadis, S.I.; Hatziargyriou, N.D. Power & Energy Society General Meeting, 2009. PES ’09. IEEE Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/PES.2009.5275335 Publication Year: 2009
- Smart Houses for a Smart Grid Koen Kok, Stamatis Karnouskos, David Nestle, Aris Dimeas, Anke Weidlich, Cor Warmer, Philipp Strauss, Britta Buchholz, Stefan Drenkard, Nikos Hatziargyriou, Vali Lioliou CIRED 20th International Conference on Electricity Distribution Prague, 8-11 June 2009
- Control Agents for Real Microgrids Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D. Intelligent System Applications to Power Systems, 2009. ISAP ’09. 15th International Conference on Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ISAP.2009.5352865 Publication Year: 2009
- International white book on the grid integration of static converters Strauss, P.; Degner, T.; Heckmann, W.; Wasiak, I.; Gburczyk, P.; Hanzelka, Z.; Hatziargyriou, N.; Romanos, T.; Zountouridou, E.; Dimeas, A. Electrical Power Quality and Utilisation, 2009. EPQU 2009. 10th International Conference on Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/EPQU.2009.5318815 Publication Year: 2009
- Multi-agent reinforcement learning for Microgrids Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D. Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2010 IEEE Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/PES.2010.5589633 Publication Year: 2010
- Scheduling algorithms for agent based control and scheduling of Microgrids Koukoula, D.; Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D. Intelligent System Application to Power Systems (ISAP), 2011 16th International Conference on Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ISAP.2011.6082198 Publication Year: 2011
- Impact of large-scale integration of intelligent meters to the operation of the power system of Crete Asimakopoulou, G.E.; Voumvoulakis, E.M.; Dimeas, A.L.; Hatziargyriou, N.D. Intelligent System Application to Power Systems (ISAP), 2011 16th International Conference on Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ISAP.2011.6082173 Publication Year: 2011
- Gossip based message dissemination schemes in future power systems Krkoleva, A.; Borozan, V.; Dimeas, A.; Hatziargyriou, N. Intelligent System Application to Power Systems (ISAP), 2011 16th International Conference on Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ISAP.2011.6082199 Publication Year: 2011
- Assessment and economic analysis of wind generation on the ancillary services and the unit commitment process for an isolated system Papalexopoulos, A.; Vitellas, I.; Hatziargyriou, N.D.; Hansen, C.; Patsaka, T.; Dimeas, A.L. Intelligent System Application to Power Systems (ISAP), 2011 16th International Conference on Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ISAP.2011.6082197 Publication Year: 2011
- Requirements for implementing gossip based schemes for information dissemination in future power systems Krkoleva, A.; Borozan, V.; Dimeas, A.; Hatziargyriou, N. Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT Europe), 2011 2nd IEEE PES International Conference and Exhibition on Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ISGTEurope.2011.6162750 Publication Year: 2011
- Intelligent applications for consumer management Dimeas, A. L.; Hatziargyriou, N. D. Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2012 IEEE Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/PESGM.2012.6345459 Publication Year: 2012
- Methods and Applications of Artificial Intelligence. Chapter: A Multi-agent System for Microgrids. Book Series Lecture Notes in Computer Science Springer Berlin / Heidelberg Volume 3025/2004
The 1st IEEE Conference on Energy Internet and Energy system Integration, November 26 to 28 in Beijing - Thursday 14 September 2017
EI2 2017 embraces innovative technologies and practical implementations about 2 EIs (EI2 in abbreviation)--“Energy Internet“ and “Energy System Integration”, which can be interpreted as multiple energy-supplies (heating, cooling, electricity, gas, transportation, etc) coupling system or energy system deeply enrolled with information technology (especially the Internet) and the concept of sharing economy. The conference aims to promote the interconnection, openness, sharing and coordination of various energy resources and shaping a green, low-carbon, efficient and low-cost energy ecosystem.
Professor Nikos Hatziargyriou was born in Athens in 1954. He received the Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering from NTUA (National Technical University of Athens) and the MSC and PhD degrees in Electrical Power Engineering from UMIST, Manchester, in 1979 and 1982, respectively. From 1984 he is with the Power Division of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of NTUA, where he is full professor, since 1995. From February 2007 until September 2012 he was Deputy CEO of PPC (Public Power Corporation), responsible for the Transmission and Distribution Divisions, island DNO and the Center of Testing, Research and Prototyping. He is:
- Member of the CIGRE, Chair of Study Committee C6 “Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation” and convener or member of several Working Groups and Task Forces.
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), member of the Power Engineering and Computer Societies, immediate past chair of the Power System Dynamic Performance Committee and member of several subcommittees and working groups of IEEE.
- Member of the Energy Committee of the Athens Academy
He has also served as:
- Chair of the Association of Hellenic Electricity Undertakings (HELAS)
- Member of the Board of Directors of EURELECTRIC
- Member of the EU Advisory Council of the Technology Platform on Future Power Systems (SmartGrids), chairman of the Working Group on “Generation and Storage”
- Vice-president of the “Centre of Renewable Energy Sources” (CRES)
- Executive Vice-chair of PPC
- Vice-chair of PPC Renewables
- Chair of the Power System Dynamic Performance Committee of IEEE
- For many years Chair of the IEEE Greek Power Chapter and chair of the IEEE Greece Section.
Prof. Hatziargyriou has significant research experience with participation in more than 60 R&DD Projects, in many of them as scientific responsible, e.g. “CARE”, “MORE CARE”, “RISE”, “MICROGRIDS”, “MORE MICROGRIDS”, “MERGE”, etc. He is author of more than 350 publications in international magazines and conference proceedings.