SmartKye strategic goal is to develop a system for the future smart grid neighbourhood that will enable better business decisions to be made based on real-time fine-grained data. Key end-users targeted are the public authorities who can monitor and manage key indicators in neighbourhoods with the goal of better energy efficiency and CO2 reduction.
Skynet results in short:
- An open architecture based on the common data models being promoted by the eedatamodels initiative. Skynet will not build its solution from scratch but based on already existing/on-going approaches.
- An Open Energy Service Platform to act as a flexible information hub that decouples the energy applications interfacing different Energy Management System (EMS) in a neighbourhood.
- Adaptation of different EMS deployed in a neighbourhood to be able to interact with them in a service oriented way.
- EMS for EV charging point management – Pilot site in Barcelona
- EMS for public lighting – Pilot site in Barcelona
- EMS for micro-generation with wind turbines – Pilot site in Barcelona and Crete
- EMS for Building Management Systems (BMS) – Pilot site in Barcelona and Crete
- Two end-user application to support municipalities in managing energy positive neighbourhoods
- A Business oriented cockpit
- A Monitoring and Control cockpit
SkyNet solution will be demonstrated in Barcelona (Spain) and Crete (Greece) for a period of 12 month.